[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue SYMBOL-MACROLET-SEMANTICS, Version 4
- To: Jeffrey Piazza <piazza%lisp.DEC@decwrl.dec.com>
- Subject: Issue SYMBOL-MACROLET-SEMANTICS, Version 4
- From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Fri, 7 Oct 88 20:50 EDT
- Cc: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <8809221745.AA27618@decwrl.dec.com>
I would strongly support SYMBOL-MACROLET-SEMANTICS:SPECIAL-FORM in
version 4, if the following comment had been taken into account.
As it stands I have to oppose it.
SETQ of a symbol macro must be allowed. The reason given [only in older
versions of the proposal] for removing it is wrong -- SETQ of symbol
macros was allowed in order to avoid making any distinction between
symbol macros and variables, which is the only reason symbol macros are
used by CLOS at all.