[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue: MAKE-PACKAGE-USE-DEFAULT (version 1)
- To: Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
- Subject: Issue: MAKE-PACKAGE-USE-DEFAULT (version 1)
- From: Jon L White <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 7 Oct 88 17:54:19 PDT
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: David A. Moon's message of Fri, 7 Oct 88 13:17 EDT <19881007171716.6.MOON@EUPHRATES.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
re: ... I don't see how any implementation could be
said not to implement such a proposal!
The issue is not current practice, but CLtL p.183. Indeed, the "Cost"
section points out this obvious situation.
re: Had you intended to propose something specific about the value of
(package-use-list "USER")? Had you intended to propose something
specific about the default for the :use argument to MAKE-PACKAGE? Had
you intended to propose that these must be equal?
On the otherhand, I would expect that most vendors would set their
default in such a way as to make all LISP symbols available, as well
as their vendor-specific ones. But I see no need to spell this out,
since portable code will have to use an explicit :use LISP.
-- JonL --