[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issue: STREAM-INFO (Version 5)
- To: masinter.pa@Xerox.COM
- Subject: Re: Issue: STREAM-INFO (Version 5)
- From: masinter.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: 7 Oct 88 23:01 PDT
- Cc: Scott.Fahlman@B.GP.CS.CMU.EDU, email@example.com (Richard C. Waters), CL-Cleanup@sail.stanford.edu
- In-reply-to: masinter.pa's message of 6 Oct 88 16:16 PDT
There's a bit about this proposal that bothers me, but it mainly has to do
with the interactions with the changes that the character committee is
thinking about with regard to extended character sets.
What is the relationship between graphic-char-p and the notion that the
printed width of the character is non-NIL (and non-zero?).
As a matter of form, the writeup commits the sin of arguing for the
proposal in the middle of describing it; the proposal name is too generic
and not really appropriate to the problem. The Problem is
PRETTY-PRINT-WIDTH-SUPPORT or some such.
Its important to bring this up at the meeting because of the interaction
with the character proposal, however.