[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issue: PRINT-PRETTY-HOOK (version 1)
- To: "David A. Moon" <Moon%STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM@multimax>
- Subject: Re: Issue: PRINT-PRETTY-HOOK (version 1)
- From: Dan L. Pierson <pierson%mist@multimax.ARPA>
- Date: Sun, 09 Oct 88 12:54:10 EDT
- Cc: cl-cleanup%sail.stanford.edu@multimax
- In-reply-to: Your message of Thu, 06 Oct 88 15:55:00 -0400. <19881006195542.6.MOON@EUPHRATES.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
Once that's clear a name can be chosen. Possibly the
feature already exists in the language, via a :AROUND method
on PRINT-OBJECT with no specialized parameters, depending on whether
what that does is precisely what you wanted.
Does it do what I want (I'm not yet a CLOS theologian)?
I think this means we can withdraw the PRINT-PRETTY-HOOK proposal, since
Common Lisp as amended by CLOS already will do what you want.
OK, consider it withdrawn UNLESS CLOS is later voted optional (which I
will not support).