[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue: FUNCTION-TYPE-ARGUMENT-TYPE-SEMANTICS (Version 2)
- To: CL-Cleanup@SAIL.Stanford.EDU
- Subject: Issue: FUNCTION-TYPE-ARGUMENT-TYPE-SEMANTICS (Version 2)
- From: Kent M Pitman <KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Thu, 13 Oct 88 17:35 EDT
My notes from Fairfax meeting...
Walter was willing to write this up, but had had trouble
with net access and was missing some mail. KMP will call him
and provide the relevant information for him to do the writing.
It seemed reasonable to write a proposal for two things:
- FTYPE, which allowed a total specification of a function's
possible arguments and values.
- PTYPE which allowed a partial specification of same.
Multiple PTYPE specs would presumably be ok, but multiple
FTYPE would presumably not. Proposal should say what FTYPE
does when a PTYPE has been seen already and vice versa.