[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue: HASH-TABLE-PRINTED-REPRESENTATION (Version 2)
- To: KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
- Subject: Issue: HASH-TABLE-PRINTED-REPRESENTATION (Version 2)
- From: Jon L White <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 17 Oct 88 16:58:41 PDT
- Cc: CL-Cleanup@SAIL.Stanford.EDU
- In-reply-to: Kent M Pitman's message of Thu, 13 Oct 88 18:15 EDT <881013181527.3.KMP@BOBOLINK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
re: My notes from Fairfax meeting...
. . .
JonL: One issue is that infinite printing might occur if circularities
occur. [JonL said he doesn't believe this is reason not to do it,
but he did want to raise the issue.]
Hmmm, I seem to remember rebutting a contention like the one you now
attribute to me; namely, I claimed that circularities in hash-table
components should be no different than circularities in cons cells or
structure components. Possibly I raised the "straw man" myself, but I
really thought somebody else did.
-- JonL --
P.S. Are your "Farifax meeting" notes something you wrote down at the time,
or something you reconstructed from memory? This is not a criticism,
I'm just curious; and I won't ask again, although there may be other
places like this where my memory differs from yours.