[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue: MAKE-PACKAGE-USE-DEFAULT (version 2)
- To: Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
- Subject: Issue: MAKE-PACKAGE-USE-DEFAULT (version 2)
- From: Jon L White <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 17 Oct 88 18:07:01 PDT
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: David A. Moon's message of Tue, 11 Oct 88 12:58 EDT <19881011165801.8.MOON@EUPHRATES.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
re: I think it might be better to strengthen it and say that the
default for :USE is identical to the use list of the USER package.
Does anyone agree?
I agree, sort of. Especially since one of the motivating factors for
this proposal was that some Lucid 2.1 user's were complaining that
"things" look a lot different from the USER package than from a
The only question is whether or not you really want the default to be
sensitive to subsequent alterations of USER's :use list. As mentioned
in the Discussion section of the proposal, Lucid's implementation
exposes the default as the value of a global variable, which happens
to be a copy of the initial :use list of USER; but subsequent changes
to USER have no affect on this global variable.
-- JonL --