[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue: HASH-TABLE-GC (no proposal)
- To: Jon L White <email@example.com>
- Subject: Issue: HASH-TABLE-GC (no proposal)
- From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Tue, 18 Oct 88 00:29 EDT
- Cc: KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM, CL-Cleanup@SAIL.Stanford.EDU
- In-reply-to: <8810180319.AA05454@bhopal>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 88 20:19:26 PDT
From: Jon L White <firstname.lastname@example.org>
What this (non-) proposal needs is some implementation to give it a try,
based on an indentified, actual need.
In Genera we've experimented with weak-key hash tables. The identified,
actual need was internal to Statice (an object-oriented database
system). I don't think this form of tables has been released yet.
I agree that it would be premature to standardize on something like this