[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue: PATHNAME-PRINT-READ (Version 1)
- To: KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
- Subject: Issue: PATHNAME-PRINT-READ (Version 1)
- From: Eric Benson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 21 Oct 88 14:13:50 pdt
- Cc: CL-Cleanup@SAIL.Stanford.EDU
- In-reply-to: Kent M Pitman's message of Fri, 21 Oct 88 17:00 EDT <881021170043.3.KMP@BOBOLINK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
For Current Practice:
Lucid CL also implements the proposed behavior.
For Cost to Users:
Users who define their own #P read macro may be unhappy.
I weakly support this change. I wish someone would make a proposal
for generic pathnames. I don't think they ever got the consideration
they deserved. (I know they aren't really related to this issue,
except insofar as users would like to have portable pathnames in their