[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issue: PATHNAME-PRINT-READ (Version 1)
- To: Kent M Pitman <KMP%STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM@multimax>
- Subject: Re: Issue: PATHNAME-PRINT-READ (Version 1)
- From: Dan L. Pierson <pierson%mist@multimax.ARPA>
- Date: Fri, 21 Oct 88 17:38:16 EDT
- Cc: CL-Cleanup%SAIL.Stanford.EDU@multimax
- In-reply-to: Your message of Fri, 21 Oct 88 17:00:00 -0400. <881021170043.3.KMP@BOBOLINK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
For current practice:
KCL uses #"..."
(This is going to give KCL users trouble with Water's new portable
pretty printer since Dick has said that he won't change because ``#"''
is just too nice for his purposes.)
It would be nice to figure out some way to specify which characters
are for implementation extensions to the # read-macro and which are
for users, but that's probably a question to be answered by the
(inactive) conformance subcommittee if at all.