[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue: FUNCTION-COERCE-TIME (Version 2)
- To: KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
- Subject: Issue: FUNCTION-COERCE-TIME (Version 2)
- From: Jon L White <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 21 Oct 88 20:16:26 PDT
- Cc: CL-Cleanup@SAIL.Stanford.EDU
- In-reply-to: Kent M Pitman's message of Thu, 13 Oct 88 17:03 EDT <881013170353.5.KMP@BOBOLINK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
re: My notes from Fairfax meeting...
. . .
JonL had some critical comments, but KMP couldn't understand them
and believes it was because JonL didn't read the proposals carefully
and was commenting on a superficial reading that led him to incorrect
This note doesn't say anyting at all to me (presumably it meant something
to you at the time?).
I favor FUNCTION-COERCE-TIME:HYBRID.
The proposal is ovely opaque because it is trying to be overly general.
Given the "cleanup" that we've already accepted for the FUNCTION type,
then the only non-"functions" that can be passed to the functions of
reference (MAP, SORT, SET-MACRO-CHARACTER, etc) are SYMBOLS. Also,
it should be noted that the "coercion" involved is merely SYMBOL-FUNCTION.
-- JonL --