[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue: IN-SYNTAX (Version 1)
- To: KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
- Subject: Issue: IN-SYNTAX (Version 1)
- From: Jon L White <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 27 Oct 88 22:28:24 PDT
- Cc: CL-Cleanup@SAIL.Stanford.EDU, CL-Compiler@SAIL.Stanford.EDU
- In-reply-to: Kent M Pitman's message of Fri, 21 Oct 88 17:19 EDT <881021171949.5.KMP@BOBOLINK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
re: I noticed too late that you had added CL-Compiler. . . .
Because of the extensive implications for the CL-Compiler issue
EVAL-WHEN-NON-TOP-LEVEL, and because of the (hasty) acceptance of
re-binding *package* to the "current" value by COMPILE-FILE.
I can appreciate your concern about double cc'ing, and will take
the issue only to CL-Cleanup now. Anyone on CL-Compiler who isn't
also on CL-CLeanup, but would like to hear about the issue of
default bindings for *package*/*readtable*/*read-base* during
LOAD or COMPILE-FILE, please contact me privately, and I will add
you individually to the cc list.
-- JonL --