[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue: REQUIRE-PATHNAME-DEFAULTS (Version 3)
- To: Gregor.email@example.com
- Subject: Issue: REQUIRE-PATHNAME-DEFAULTS (Version 3)
- From: gls@Think.COM
- Date: Mon, 14 Nov 88 11:49:27 EST
- Cc: Scott.Fahlman@b.gp.cs.cmu.edu, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: Gregor.email@example.com's message of Fri, 11 Nov 88 17:59 PST <19881112015907.4.GREGOR@PORTNOY.parc.xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 88 17:59 PST
I too would still like to see REQUIRE and PROVIDE removed from the
language. In my experience with PCL, they have never proved useful.
Worse, the fact that some people thought they were useful and kept
insisiting that I should use them has been annoying.
I would be happy to see PROVIDE and REQUIRE flushed. The biggest
problem is coming up with a new mnemonic sentence. I propose
"Insert Some Extremely Useless Interface Commands". Doesn't quite
have the kick of the original, though.