[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issue: HASH-TABLE-PACKAGE-GENERATORS (version 4)
- To: masinter.pa@Xerox.COM
- Subject: Re: Issue: HASH-TABLE-PACKAGE-GENERATORS (version 4)
- From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Mon, 14 Nov 88 21:43 EST
- Cc: Jon L White <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <881114-153301-2381@Xerox>
- Line-fold: No
Date: 14 Nov 88 15:32 PST
Frankly, although option #2 with filtering looks like it is simpler --
certainly the syntax description is shorter -- I think option #1, where you
spell out more explicitly the kind of iteration you want to do, looks like
it is easier to understand.
Are you sure you really mean that? Option 1 is the same as option 2 except
that it offers a bunch of additional features, so how can it be simpler?
Or to put it another way, option 1 is the same as option 2 except that you
write some of the control structure of your program in a special language
instead of Lisp.
So I would vote for option #2 over option #1 even without some special
Oh, okay, so actually you think option 2 is easier to understand.
The writeup should reference issue DO-SYMBOL-DUPLICATES which passed.