[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: SEB1525@draper.com
- Subject: Issue HASH-TABLE-STABILITY
- From: Jon L White <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 18 Nov 88 15:15:00 PST
- Cc: cl-cleanup@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- In-reply-to: "Steve Bacher (Batchman)"'s message of Thu, 17 Nov 88 09:18 EST <8811180823.AA01976@lucid.com>
re: Concerning "EQ but not EQUAL"...
Is a CL implementation in error if it implements EQUAL by returning T if
the arguments are EQ, as a performance hack?
The buzz words "EQ but not EQUAL" imply calling EQUAL at two different
times; the altered item (which remains EQ to itself) is no longer EQUAL
to the "platonic" original version.
-- JonL --