[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issue GC-MESSAGES (Version 2)
- To: CL-Cleanup@SAIL.Stanford.EDU
- Subject: Re: Issue GC-MESSAGES (Version 2)
- From: Scott.Fahlman@B.GP.CS.CMU.EDU
- Date: Sun, 20 Nov 88 19:10:53 EST
- In-reply-to: Your message of Mon, 14 Nov 88 10:13:00 -0500. <881114101307.3.KMP@BOBOLINK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
Just catching up on old cleanup mail...
If we do want to address the problem of standardizing GC-message typeout, I
prefer the kind of solution that KMP describes for the Symbolics system: a
special variable that directs GC messages to some specified stream, or that
disables them if it is NIL. The proposed WITH-GC-STATUS macro only lets
you control typeout messages for the things it surrounds; a special
variable would give you global control as well.