[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue: SETF-PLACES (version 1)
- To: Scott.Fahlman@B.GP.CS.CMU.EDU
- Subject: Issue: SETF-PLACES (version 1)
- From: Jon L White <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 28 Nov 88 23:08:52 PST
- Cc: Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: Scott.Fahlman@B.GP.CS.CMU.EDU's message of Tue, 22 Nov 88 21:13:26 EST <8811230216.AA02071@lucid.com>
re: . . . The current proposal looks like a recipe for
disaster, since this name/spec distinction is going to confuse people and
raise lots of questions about which can be used where.
The "disaster" is _already_ there -- in 88-002R. Have you read it?
You have to pay careful attention to the whole thing, or else you may
not remember where it says what can be used where. This proposal --
(1) to clear up the setf functions issue and (2) to limit the
lists-as-names issue -- neither adds nor detracts from that potential
source of confusion.
-- JonL --