[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issue: DECLARE-TYPE-FREE (Version 6)
- To: Rob.MacLachlan@WB1.CS.CMU.EDU
- Subject: Re: Issue: DECLARE-TYPE-FREE (Version 6)
- From: masinter.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: 6 Dec 88 11:20 PST
- Cc: CL-Cleanup@SAIL.Stanford.EDU, Masinter.pa@Xerox.COM
- In-reply-to: Rob.MacLachlan@WB1.CS.CMU.EDU's message of Tue, 06 Dec 88 13:57:12 EST
I see your point. I wanted to make the assertion of type declarations the
strongest possible and wound up weakening it for upward funargs.
Yes, the point was to allow specialized variable representations. (In my
mind, this is related to dynamic extent and the various proposals for it,
although I can't explain the connection offhand.)
I'll try again...