[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue: REQUIRE-PATHNAME-DEFAULTS (Version 5)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Issue: REQUIRE-PATHNAME-DEFAULTS (Version 5)
- From: Jon L White <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 9 Dec 88 17:34:40 PST
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: Dan L. Pierson's message of Fri, 09 Dec 88 14:11:00 EST <8812091911.AA09711@mist.>
re: CLOS is an excellent example here. As one of the largest public
portable Common Lisp programs, it includes its own portable DEFSTRUCT
_and_ its author supports removing PROVIDE and REQUIRE from the
language (if only to make people quit asking him to use them).
You meant DEFSYS, of course. Proof in point that it is DEFSYSTEM, not
REQUIRE, that is currently not in a portable state.
-- JonL --