[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue: TAILP-NIL (Version 5)
- To: Barry Margolin <barmar@Think.COM>
- Subject: Issue: TAILP-NIL (Version 5)
- From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Tue, 13 Dec 88 11:52 EST
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <19881213162522.6.BARMAR@OCCAM.THINK.COM>
- Line-fold: No
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 88 11:25 EST
From: Barry Margolin <barmar@Think.COM>
How does Genera differ from TAILP-NIL:T?
Genera uses EQ, the proposal uses EQL (maybe you didn't notice that).
Since I don't believe EQ belongs in Common Lisp in the first place, I
agree that any system function that uses EQ as a test is wrong and
should be using EQL, which is why I support the proposal. (EQ is only
in Common Lisp as a concession to implementors who haven't figured out
how to implement EQL efficiently (it isn't hard), or hadn't figured it
out yet in 1984).