[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue: REMF-DESTRUCTION-UNSPECIFIED (Version 4)
- To: masinter.pa@Xerox.COM
- Subject: Issue: REMF-DESTRUCTION-UNSPECIFIED (Version 4)
- From: Jon L White <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 13 Dec 88 22:15:07 PST
- Cc: CL-Cleanup@SAIL.Stanford.EDU
- In-reply-to: masinter.pa@Xerox.COM's message of 8 Dec 88 23:21 PST <881208-232139-5495@Xerox>
re: I'll add that I still prefer the proposal I outlined (awkwardly) in
November 1987, which was neither explicitly-vague or explicitly-defined.
The "sequence" functions:
NREVERSE DELETE DELETE-IF DELETE-IF-NOT DELETE-DUPLICATES NSUBSTITUTE
and the destructive set manipulation functions:
NUNION NINTERSECTION NSET-EXCLUSIVE-OR
should be explicitly-vague, but the others
SETF of GETF, REMF, SETF of GET, REMPROP, NCONC, NRECONC, NBUTLAST,
NSUBST, NSUBST-IF, NSUBST-IF-NOT
should be specified.
I think I prefer your version too, for essentially the reasons you
elucidated further in your msg.
-- JonL --