[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue: PACKAGE-DELETION (Version 5)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Issue: PACKAGE-DELETION (Version 5)
- From: Jon L White <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 15 Dec 88 14:39:13 PST
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, masinter.pa@Xerox.COM
- In-reply-to: Aaron Larson's message of Tue, 13 Dec 88 17:06:12 CST <8812132306.AA11821@pavo.src.honeywell.com>
If the designated package is used by other packages, a correctable
error is signalled. ...
Yes, "continuable". If there is to be another version, it can be changed.
re: After this operation completes, the contents of the symbol-package
slot of any symbol homed in the deleted package is unspecified; ...
symbol S homed in pkg P == (eq P (symbol-package S)) ?
A symbol's "home" package is defined to be the contents of its
symbol-package cell. See CLtL p.175 (about middle of page).
-- JonL --