[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue: PATHNAME-LOGICAL ?
- To: Eric Benson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Issue: PATHNAME-LOGICAL ?
- From: masinter.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: 2 Jan 89 21:07 PST
- Cc: KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM, CL-Cleanup@SAIL.Stanford.EDU
- In-reply-to: Eric Benson <email@example.com>'s message of Fri, 21 Oct 88 14:13:50 pdt
Re: "I wish someone would make a proposal
for generic pathnames. I don't think they ever got the consideration
There are several issues waiting a "pathname" committee to study them
further. They include:
PATHNAME-COMPONENT-CASE, PATHNAME-LOGICAL, PATHNAME-SUBDIRECTORY-LIST,
PATHNAME-SYNTAX-ERROR-TIME, PATHNAME-WILD, STREAM-CAPABILITIES,
Frankly, I don't know what "generic" pathnames are, so I don't know how I
could have considered them. Are they the same thing as "logical" pathnames?