[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue: HASH-TABLE-STABILITY (Version 1)
- To: IIM@ECLA.USC.EDU
- Subject: Issue: HASH-TABLE-STABILITY (Version 1)
- From: Jon L White <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 4 Jan 89 01:01:36 PST
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: Kim A. Barrett's message of 2 Jan 89 15:20 PST <890102-152101-1732@Xerox>
re: (if (numberp x) (sxhash x) (%unique-no x))
the NUMBERP test really should be (OR (NUMBERP X) (CHARACTERP X)), ...
Ooops, right. Thanks for noticing it.
I've also noticed a bit of inconsistency in the use of the term
"key transformation". The "terminology" section mentions two
variant meanings for the term, but I'd prefer now to see it made
more rigorous; perhaps "hash function" could be used for the
variant which is typically dependent on the table size.
-- JonL --