[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issue FIXNUM-NON-PORTABLE, v4
- To: Jeff Dalton <"jeff%aiai.edinburgh.ac.uk@NSS.Cs.Ucl.AC.UK"@multimax.encore.com>
- Subject: Re: Issue FIXNUM-NON-PORTABLE, v4
- From: Dan L. Pierson <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 04 Jan 89 09:21:57 EST
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: Your message of Tue, 03 Jan 89 17:26:31 +0000. <email@example.com>
Also, in most implementations fixnums are big enough to
contain the address part of a pointer to a data object. Therefore,
they are always big enough to count objects.
Note that this proposal does not guarantee that fixnums will be large
enough for your purposes; all Common Lisp systems will need more than
16 address bits...