[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue MACRO-FUNCTION-ENVIRONMENT, Version 1
- To: Kim A. Barrett <IIM@ECLA.USC.EDU>
- Subject: Issue MACRO-FUNCTION-ENVIRONMENT, Version 1
- From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Sat, 7 Jan 89 00:15 EST
- Cc: cl-cleanup@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- In-reply-to: <12459458774.4.IIM@ECLA.USC.EDU>
Date: Mon 2 Jan 89 17:31:11-PST
From: Kim A. Barrett <IIM@ECLA.USC.EDU>
Extend SUBTYPEP to accept an optional third argument. This argument should be
either NIL, the &environment argument received by a macro expander function,
or the environment argument received by an *evalhook* or *applyhook* function.
This argument is used to distinguish between compile-time and run-time
I can't imagine why you would add an environment argument to SUBTYPEP,
but not to TYPEP. In any case, the CLOS plan for this was that anyone who
needed to use a non-null environment would call FIND-CLASS explicitly,
instead of relying on the implicit class inside TYPEP and SUBTYPEP.
Since use of the compile-time environment for types should be quite rare,
this was seen as much less of a burden than modifying existing functions
to take new optional arguments.