[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issue: ADJUST-ARRAY-NOT-ADJUSTABLE (Version 3)
- To: Kent M Pitman <KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Subject: Re: Issue: ADJUST-ARRAY-NOT-ADJUSTABLE (Version 3)
- From: masinter.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: 6 Jan 89 11:37 PST
- Cc: CL-Cleanup@SAIL.Stanford.edu
- In-reply-to: Kent M Pitman <KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>'s message of Fri, 2 Dec 88 05:23 EST
I'd like to see the following changes to the proposal:
a) I don't like saying that the effect of adjusting an array which "is not
adjustable" is not defined. I don't see any reason not to say that it
signals an error.
b) I like defining clearly that "is not adjustable" means
"ADJUSTABLE-ARRAY-P returns false", and clarifying that MAKE-ARRAY may
return an adjustable array even if the :ADJUSTABLE array is given NIL.
c) I would like to say that either all arrays are adjustable, or else only
those that are specified with :ADJUSTABLE true, and that a conformal
implementation will document which behavior it uses.
d) Rename the proposal name from "STATUS-QUO" to "MAY-BE-ADJUSTABLE" and
change "Document clearly" to "Specify".
Is this OK?