[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue: FORMAT-ROUNDING (Version 1)
- To: masinter.pa@Xerox.COM
- Subject: Issue: FORMAT-ROUNDING (Version 1)
- From: Jon L White <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 9 Jan 89 21:40:00 PST
- Cc: Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM, CL-Cleanup@SAIL.Stanford.EDU
- In-reply-to: masinter.pa@Xerox.COM's message of 8 Jan 89 23:53 PST <890108-235426-3563@Xerox>
re: My belief is that we've decided we don't like this issue as stated. Would
it be appropriate to require that IEEE-FLOATING-POINT on *features* implies
the round-to-nearest algorithm?
"round-to-nearest" isn't sufficient; it should be "IEEE round-to-nearest",
which has implications for "ties".
However, both Moon and I seemed to prefer not trying to specify something
in the standard for the case this issue is addressing.
-- JonL --