[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issue: STREAM-INFO (Version 6)
- To: Kent M Pitman <KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Subject: Re: Issue: STREAM-INFO (Version 6)
- From: masinter.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: 10 Jan 89 15:22 PST
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: Kent M Pitman <KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>'s message of Tue, 10 Jan 89 17:26 EST
Maybe these belong in a category of "optional extensions", i.e., you either
provide them all or don't. We've avoided options so far, because we
couldn't see any good reason for providing them, but this seems like it
might be a good reason.
I'm of the mind, though, that streams for which this is not a good model
should behave exactly like the default implementation "fixed-width"
implementation: every graphic character is of width 1 and the line width
I'd think that would be more appropriate for a Mac implementation where it
is possible to change the font after-the-fact than actually paying
attention to the "real" width.