[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: New proposed issue APPEND-ATOM
- To: Guy Steele <gls@Think.COM>
- Subject: Re: New proposed issue APPEND-ATOM
- From: masinter.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: 11 Jan 89 13:33 PST
- Cc: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: Guy Steele <gls@Think.COM>'s message of Tue, 6 Dec 88 14:29:22 EST
The proposal labelled
is referred to by Examples (APPEND-ATOM:DOTTED).
The last sentence of the APPEND-ATOM:IGNORE is hard for to parse. I'd say
"Point out that if all of the arguments are non-lists, the result of APPEND
or NCONC can be a non-list."
We've gotten no opinions on this issue. If I believe the phrase in CLtL
that says that "unless otherwise specified, a 'list' is a proper list",
then APPEND-ATOM:ERROR is a clarification and APPEND-ATOM:DOTTED is a