[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issue: DECLARE-TYPE-FREE (Version 9)
- To: Kent M Pitman <KMP@scrc-stony-brook.arpa>, Moon@scrc-stony-brook.arpa
- Subject: Re: Issue: DECLARE-TYPE-FREE (Version 9)
- From: Jeff Dalton <jeff%aiai.edinburgh.ac.uk@NSS.Cs.Ucl.AC.UK>
- Date: Wed, 11 Jan 89 23:58:03 GMT
- Cc: CL-Cleanup@sail.stanford.edu
- In-reply-to: Kent M Pitman's message of Wed, 11 Jan 89 12:20 EST
> Btw, I spoke last week on the phone to Jonathan Rees about this. He's not
> yet gotten around to sending mail but he said...
> - he doesn't think the ALLOW proposal is a good idea
> - the ALLOW proposal is inconsistent with the proposal in
> He hadn't seen the actual LEXICAL proposal yet, but from my description
> of the differences, he seemed pretty firm on the idea that it was the
> right idea.
I agree. The SYMBOL-MACROLET proposal expalins type declarations as
equiv to adding THE <type> to the expansion; and that's also the
explanation for LEXICAL. I support both. And votes on these issues
should at least be consistent.