[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Possible issue: GCD-NO-ARGUMENTS
- To: jeff%aiai.edinburgh.ac.uk@NSS.Cs.Ucl.AC.UK
- Subject: Possible issue: GCD-NO-ARGUMENTS
- From: Jon L White <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 11 Jan 89 19:55:47 PST
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, richard%aiai.edinburgh.ac.uk@NSS.Cs.Ucl.AC.UK
- In-reply-to: Jeff Dalton's message of Tue, 10 Jan 89 23:37:00 GMT <email@example.com>
The LCM issue even appeared on Guy's "Clarifications" of 6-Dec-85".
Tobin's reasoning about GCD looks ok to me, but it might not be that
bad simply to say that 0 is a singluar point for GCD.
Not too long ago, I proposed adding rational infinities to CL (to the
general common-lisp mailing list, I think, rather than to Cl-cleanup);
by analogy to IEEE floating infinities, we could have -1/0 and 1/0 as
rational infinities. There are a number of other reasons for wanting
these objects besides (GCD 0).
-- JonL --