[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issue: EQUAL-STRUCTURE (Version 5)
- To: masinter.pa@Xerox.COM
- Subject: Re: Issue: EQUAL-STRUCTURE (Version 5)
- From: David N Gray <Gray@DSG.csc.ti.com>
- Date: Thu, 12 Jan 89 11:21:03 CST
- Cc: Jon L White <email@example.com>, IIM%ECLA@ECLC.USC.EDU, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: Msg of 9 Jan 89 22:30 PST from masinter.pa@Xerox.COM
- Sender: GRAY@Kelvin.csc.ti.com
> What is current practice in this area? What does EQUALP do in current
> implementations on hash tables?
It turns out that the Explorer attempts to compare the contents of non-EQ hash
tables of the same size but gets an error in the process. Since no one has
reported this bug before, it appears that no one has been trying to use EQUALP
on hash tables. Might as well take the easy way out and specify that hash
tables are only compared by EQ.