[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issue: DESTRUCTURING-BIND (Version 1)
- To: Kent M Pitman <KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Subject: Re: Issue: DESTRUCTURING-BIND (Version 1)
- From: David N Gray <Gray@DSG.csc.ti.com>
- Date: Tue, 24 Jan 89 19:06:05 CST
- Cc: CL-Cleanup@SAIL.Stanford.EDU
- In-reply-to: Msg of Tue, 24 Jan 89 17:31 EST from Kent M Pitman <KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Sender: GRAY@Kelvin.csc.ti.com
> Proposal (DESTRUCTURING-BIND:NEW-MACRO):
> Provide a macro called DESTRUCTURING-BIND which behaves like the
> destructuring bind in DEFMACRO.
> (DESTRUCTURING-BIND pattern datum . body)
> evaluates datum, binds the indicated pattern variables, and then
> executes the body.
> Current Practice:
> Symbolics Genera already offers this extension.
The TI Explorer also already implements this, although it doesn't
completely match DEFMACRO in that there is no error for wrong number of
arguments or invalid keywords; I'm not sure whether that conforms to the
intent of this proposal or not. It looks like Genera does do error
I agree that this is a useful feature to have.