[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
issue IN-PACKAGE-FUNCTIONALITY, version 5
- To: Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
- Subject: issue IN-PACKAGE-FUNCTIONALITY, version 5
- From: Kent M Pitman <KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Mon, 30 Jan 89 12:07 EST
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, cl-cleanup@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- In-reply-to: <19890128024204.1.MOON@EUPHRATES.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
I happen not to like the name WITHIN-PACKAGE.
All of the other package operations are verbs. USE-xxx, MAKE-xxx,
EXPORT-xxx, etc. IN-PACKAGE has always been a glaring exception,
perhaps deliberately due to its dual role, perhaps due to oversight.
Anyway, I would just as soon see this use a verb, too.
Also, if IN-PACKAGE is retained for compatibility, I predict that
people will confuse it with WITHIN-PACKAGE often enough to be
an annoyance. I think that if we can conveniently avoid that
gratuitous confusion, we should do so.
I suggest the name SELECT-PACKAGE.