[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issue: DESTRUCTURING-BIND (Version 2)
- To: David A. Moon <franz!akbar!franz!ucbarpa!STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM!Moon>
- Subject: Re: Issue: DESTRUCTURING-BIND (Version 2)
- From: franz!frisky!jkf@ucbarpa.Berkeley.EDU (John Foderaro)
- Date: Mon, 06 Feb 89 10:29:41 PST
- Cc: Guy Steele <franz!Think.COM!gls>, franz!STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM!KMP, franz!SAIL.STANFORD.EDU!CL-Cleanup
- In-reply-to: Your message of Mon, 06 Feb 89 12:02:00 EST. <19890206170212.7.MOON@EUPHRATES.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
From: David A. Moon <Moon@stony-brook.scrc.symbolics.com>
In fact the feature that I really prefer is the one that provides an
automatic DECLARE IGNORE for any variable that is named IGNORE and is
You are kidding ... right?
If you aren't then I'd like to tack on an amendment that
symbols beginning with the letters 'i' through 'n' are declared
integer and all other symbols are declared float.
Seriously, I think that what you want is the 'ignore-if-unused'
declaration we added which permits the variable to be used, but if it
isn't there are no complaints. It is very useful in macros.