[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issue: READ-CASE-SENSITIVITY (Version 1)
- To: Jeff Dalton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Issue: READ-CASE-SENSITIVITY (Version 1)
- From: David N Gray <Gray@DSG.csc.ti.com>
- Date: Thu, 9 Mar 89 18:01:27 CST
- Cc: pierson <@multimax.encore.com:email@example.com>, KMP@scrc-stony-brook.arpa, CL-Cleanup@sail.stanford.edu
- In-reply-to: Msg of Tue, 7 Mar 89 18:32:46 GMT from Jeff Dalton <jeff%aiai.edinburgh.ac.uk@NSS.Cs.Ucl.AC.UK>
- Sender: GRAY@Kelvin.csc.ti.com
> Providing no way to modify a readtable's character translation function
> would avoid the problem of people modifying the standard readtable, but
> it would probably also be a nuisance in other situations. My vote would be
> for adding a setf-able function READTABLE-CHARACTER-TRANSLATION as well.
> I prefer being able to set things when it's reasonable to do so,
> and I'd like to have the function anyway so that I can call it
> on a readtable and see what its translation function is.
There isn't any point in having both an accessor function and a
COPY-READTABLE option. Since other people want to have the function, I
withdraw my suggestion of modifying COPY-READTABLE.