[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issue: DESTRUCTURING-BIND (Version 2)
- To: Kent M Pitman <KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Subject: Re: Issue: DESTRUCTURING-BIND (Version 2)
- From: masinter.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: 14 Mar 89 07:48 PST
- Cc: CL-Cleanup@SAIL.Stanford.EDU
- In-reply-to: Kent M Pitman <KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>'s message of Wed, 25 Jan 89 11:38 EST
Version 2 is the most recent I have. There's been some debate about &WHOLE,
&ENVIRONMENT, NIL and IGNORE in the destructuring list.
everybody says disallow
Moon said allow (the second time.)
Moon says allow as a way of ignoring.
KMP says OK.
KMP makes case for disallowing, but says
There was some additional discussion that resulted in the related issue of
I'd be happy with a proposal that said NIL is ignored, &WHOLE and &BODY are
allowed, and that &ENVIRONMENT is disallowed.
KMP made a reference to "the next version" in his message of 30 Jan 89, so
maybe he'll produce one.