[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
More re: PEEK-CHAR-READ-CHAR-ECHO
- To: "Steve Bacher (Batchman)" <SEB1525@draper.com>
- Subject: More re: PEEK-CHAR-READ-CHAR-ECHO
- From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Tue, 14 Mar 89 12:11 EST
- Cc: cl-cleanup@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- In-reply-to: The message of 14 Mar 89 08:22 EST from "Steve Bacher (Batchman)" <SEB1525@draper.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 89 08:22 EST
From: "Steve Bacher (Batchman)" <SEB1525@draper.com>
Just for the record, I wouldn't wish to see any proposal adopted that didn't
support the notion of PEEK-CHAR being equivalent to READ-CHAR + UNREAD-CHAR.
Such a proposal was already adopted in January by an 11 to 5 vote. To clarify
the double negatives, PEEK-CHAR-READ-CHAR-ECHO as adopted in January eliminates
the equivalence of PEEK-CHAR to READ-CHAR+UNREAD-CHAR, but only when peeking
from a stream created by MAKE-ECHO-STREAM.
We can reconsider anything, of course, if that's how we want to spend our time.