[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: PATHNAME-PRINT-READ, v1
- To: masinter.pa@Xerox.COM
- Subject: Re: PATHNAME-PRINT-READ, v1
- From: Dan L. Pierson <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 14 Mar 89 16:13:01 EST
- Cc: cl-cleanup@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- In-reply-to: Your message of 14 Mar 89 12:32:00 -0800. <890314-123337-1569@Xerox>
Date: 14 Mar 89 12:32 PST
If this is going to be discussed at the X3j13 meeting, we should have
a new version with all of the various additions to current practice
and discussions appended.
KCL uses #"..."
Absolutely true. However I don't approve of it for several reasons:
#P is more prevalent
Issue: PRETTY-PRINT-INTERFACE puts #"..." to a better use. This
is relevant for those of us who will use Water's pretty printer
whether or not the issue passes.
#"..." is just too good a "name" to be reserved for pathname syntax.