[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue: REAL-NUMBER-TYPE (version 3)
- To: Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM, Masinter.email@example.com
- Subject: Issue: REAL-NUMBER-TYPE (version 3)
- From: Robert A. Cassels <Cassels@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Wed, 15 Mar 89 14:42 EST
- Cc: Cassels@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM, CL-Cleanup@Sail.Stanford.EDU, DySak@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM, JGA@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM, Common-Lisp-Implementors@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
- In-reply-to: <19890315192425.8.MOON@EUPHRATES.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 89 14:24 EST
From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
Your issue status for this one says
Synopsis: add REAL = (OR RATIONAL FLOAT) & range
Version 2, 08-Jan-89
Comment: lengthy dissent; discussion? coercion for comparitor?
Status: need new version
but I think this version is ready to vote up-or-down. Note that
there are two proposals; the REALP predicate function has been
separated out from the REAL data type.
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 89 13:50 EST
From: Robert A. Cassels <Cassels@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
References: Table 4-1.
Edit history: 04-JAN-89, Version 1 by Bob Cassels, Don Sakahara, Kent Pitman,
and John Aspinall
08-JAN-89, Version 2 by Bob Cassels -- incorporate
Masinter's suggestion and make REAL a CLOS class
13-JAN-89, Version 3 by Cassels and Aspinall -- incorporate Marc LeBrun's
suggestions clarifying the relationship between CL
numeric type names and mathematical names
Status: For Internal Discussion
We should change "current practice" to note that TI Lisp includes both
the REAL type and REALP predicate.