[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issue STREAM-ACCESS
- To: Kim A. Barrett <IIM@ECLA.USC.EDU>
- Subject: Re: Issue STREAM-ACCESS
- From: masinter.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: 15 Mar 89 18:31 PST
- Cc: cl-cleanup@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- In-reply-to: Kim A. Barrett <IIM@ECLA.USC.EDU>'s message of Fri, 10 Mar 89 14:41:53 PST
I don't think we want either
to behave in an implementation-dependent manner, or
to require that echo-stream be a subtype of two-way-stream.
You can always have a class that is their mutual
superclass, i.e., that they both inherit from.
However, the relation between the streams in
echo and two-way is significantly different.