[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue: ADJUST-ARRAY-NOT-ADJUSTABLE (Version 8)
- To: Jon L White <email@example.com>
- Subject: Issue: ADJUST-ARRAY-NOT-ADJUSTABLE (Version 8)
- From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Fri, 17 Mar 89 15:51 EST
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, X3J13@Sail.stanford.edu
- In-reply-to: <8903160732.AA11607@bhopal>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 89 23:32:47 PST
From: Jon L White <email@example.com>
Although I haven't had time to join the overly-lengthy discussion on this
matter, I did point out one particularly confusing direction -- that this
proposal to "fix" the function ADJUST-ARRAY has become a proposal to alter
the semantics of the type SIMPLE-ARRAY.
Adding the discussion of SIMPLE-ARRAY was at *+*YOUR*+* request, JonL.
There is !!NO!! change to the semantics, as I thought you had agreed in
the last message you sent on the topic. If now you're taking that back
and saying that you still think what this proposal says is a change to
the semantics, okay, but I have yet to figure out why you think that or
what you think is changed.