[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
string OK for :CONC-NAME in DEFSTRUCT?
- To: cl-cleanup@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- Subject: string OK for :CONC-NAME in DEFSTRUCT?
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Thu, 23 Mar 89 12:04:10 PST
- Cc: email@example.com
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLtL does not specify whether the :CONC-NAME option to DEFSTRUCT must
be a symbol, or whether strings are allowed. Its example uses a
symbol, but the default name construction for :COPIER and :PREDICATE
are described in terms of strings, providing some precedence for strings.
Xerox & Lucid allow strings, while Franz does not. Allowing strings
seems reasonable to me, as no aspect of the symbol is used except for
Has this question been addressed previously by the cleanup committee?
If not I will gladly writeup a proposal.