[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: no :in-file
- From: Eric Benson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 19 Apr 89 15:53:40 PDT
- Cc: Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM, email@example.com, wfs@CLI.COM
- In-reply-to: Robert S. Boyer's message of Wed, 19 Apr 89 17:15:32 CDT <8904192215.AA03885@CLI.COM>
However, in order to be competitive with C in speed it would be useful
to be able to do the following:
For binary streams, declare the element-type of the stream, e.g. allow
the STREAM type specifier to take an optional element-type like ARRAY
For binary streams, functions to read and write arrays in a single
chunk. Lucid supplies READ-ARRAY and WRITE-ARRAY as extensions.
For character input, a destructive version of READ-LINE.
- no :in-file
- From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>