[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issue: PATHNAME-WILD (version 5)
- To: Sandra J Loosemore <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Issue: PATHNAME-WILD (version 5)
- From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Tue, 13 Jun 89 16:17 EDT
- Cc: David N Gray <Gray@DSG.csc.ti.com>, CL-Cleanup@sail.stanford.edu, Gray@Kelvin.csc.ti.com
- In-reply-to: <8906131953.AA22515@defun.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 89 13:53:43 MDT
From: email@example.com (Sandra J Loosemore)
....I'm not at all clear how that would extend to a more
complicated wildcard pattern like a regular expression.
The person who added regular expressions would have to define how they
work with the various pathname functions. There's no way that the
Common Lisp language specification can define that.
I'll respond to the rest of your message later.