[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
mail lossage (and Issue: READ-CASE-SENSITIVITY (Version 3))
- To: "David A. Moon" <Moon@stony-brook.scrc.symbolics.com>
- Subject: mail lossage (and Issue: READ-CASE-SENSITIVITY (Version 3))
- From: Jeff Dalton <jeff%aiai.edinburgh.ac.uk@NSFnet-Relay.AC.UK>
- Date: Mon, 19 Jun 89 17:53:54 BST
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: David A. Moon's message of Fri, 16 Jun 89 19:19 EDT
I did get this
> Date: Fri, 16 Jun 89 19:35:44 BST
> From: Jeff Dalton <jeff%aiai.edinburgh.ac.uk@NSFnet-Relay.AC.UK>
> I am not going to be able to come to the meeting but would
> still like to see this issue considered. I wasn't present
> for the discussion at the last meeting, but my understanding
> is that the committee wanted to see the issue again with
> only a single proposal.
> Yes, a single proposal is much better. I'd very much like to see
> this considered, and a single proposal will make that much easier.
> Unfortunately, I don't know which
> proposal (keyword or function) most people prefer.
> I don't either, but I know that at Symbolics we strongly prefer
> the keyword proposal. Since the discussion section says you prefer
> the keyword proposal, perhaps as the author you could use your
> discretion to opt for that proposal and send out a version 4
> omitting the function proposal and the discussion of the relative
> merits of the two proposals.
If anyone sent me mail this weekend (or mail that may have arrived
before this afternoon (UK time), I probably didn't get it, because
the machine that receives my CL mail was very broken.