[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue: BIT-ARRAY-FUNCTIONS (version 6)
- To: CL-Cleanup@sail.stanford.edu
- Subject: Issue: BIT-ARRAY-FUNCTIONS (version 6)
- From: Barry Margolin <barmar@Think.COM>
- Date: Mon, 19 Jun 89 13:31 EDT
- In-reply-to: <19890619161334.2.MOON@EUPHRATES.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
I'd like to suggest an additional change, which seems to be consistent
with the attitude about use of bit vectors expressed in the proposal.
The BIT and SBIT functions should return 0 if asked to access outside
the bit array. This would maintain the tautology
(bit (bit-XXX v1 v2) n) == (logXXX (bit v1 n) (bit v2 n))
If slowing down these functions (they'd be the only array accessors
REQUIRED to check the dimensions) is considered unacceptable, then a new
accessor should be added.