[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: issue SAFE-CODE, version 1
- To: cl-compiler@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- Subject: Re: issue SAFE-CODE, version 1
- From: ROSENKING@A.ISI.EDU
- Date: 13 Mar 1989 16:14-EST
- In-reply-to: <8903131726.AA02193@defun.utah.edu>
- Sender: ROSENKING@A.ISI.EDU
I believe that the basis for this proposal is well justified and I support
the intent of what is being defined. I'm not 100% for the naming though.
Anyhow, I have seen these type of problems come up before in implementations
of C and FORTRAN, where it was unclear what the default values were for
OPTIMIZE and DEBUG are and so I agree that some known universal default
should be specified, though perhaps by a name besides SAFE-CODE.