[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
issue COMPILER-LET-CONFUSION, version 7
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: issue COMPILER-LET-CONFUSION, version 7
- From: Kent M Pitman <KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Wed, 15 Mar 89 17:05 EST
- Cc: moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <8903152142.AA04763@defun.utah.edu>
People have suggested that if it comes to making an incompatible change
on this one, it's probably better to just remove the feature and let
people continue to provide it compatibly where they think it's useful.
Even though I think the COMPILER-SYMBOL-VALUE thing is technically
doable, I find myself swayed by arguments that it's not the correct
avenue for us to pursue at this time.